- These resource listings
are provided for use in locating information of interest to Humboldt
County Seniors. Listings that are colored are linked to organizational
websites or email addresses. Please let us know if there are
additional listings that could be added. Contact us with new ideas
- Local, Regional
and State Organizations
Chamber of Commerce information on local businesses and groups
- Eureka Veterans Clinic provides medical services to veterans. 714 F Street, Eureka, CA 95501. Phone: 707-442-5335
- KMUD 91.1 FM Community
Radio in Redway, CA
- California Department
- California Franchise
Senior Resource Center
- Long Term Care Ombudsman, Humboldt County. 707-443-9747.
1910 California St, Eureka, CA 95501-2899
- Provides assistance for considering long term care placement.
- California Registry. 800-777-7575. Service providing
listing of licensed senior housing and caregivers.
- National Organizations
- AARP (American
Association of Retired Persons)
- Administration on Aging
- American Medical Association
- American Society on Aging
- Alzheimer's Association
- Association of Homes and
Services for the Aging
promoting education and travel for
- Internal Revenue
- National Library of
- Social Security Administration
Loan Information for Seniors
- Local Hobby &
Craft Clubs, Societies and Associations
- Humboldt Stamp Collectors Club
- Meets last Tuesday of each month at
the Senior Resource Center, 1910 California Street, Eureka. Doors
open at 6:30 p.m. Meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Dues are $12 per
year. Contact Carolyn
Podratz at HSCC, PO Box 689, Eureka,
Guild - Humboldt County California
- Humboldt County
- Humboldt Handweavers & Spinners Guild is a non-profit
social organization for persons interested in textile arts. Information
- contact Crystal Dobbs 707-443-8145, email to Bollweaver@humboldt1.com.
Address HHSG, P. O. Box 370,
- Arcata, CA 95518. Meetings are held 3rd or 4th Saturday of
the month. Dues are currently $18
- Redwood Tole Folk is a chapter of the Society
of Decorative Painters and promotes decorative painting.
Contact address is
- P. O. Box 623, Ferndale, CA 95536. Meetings 3rd Tuesday of
the month, Oct. Jan. Mar. May meetings held at the
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Henderson & K Streets, Eureka.
Sept. Nov. Feb. Apr. meetings held at the Community of
- Christ building, 2nd & Summer Streets, Fortuna. Dues
are currently $10. Guests are welcome.
- Humboldt Bay Knitters Guild. 2nd & 4th Thursdays
7-9:00 p.m. at Boll Weaver, 2748 E Street, Eureka, CA Call Kathleen
- Pelley for information at 707-443-8752
- Tuesday Knitters. 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 1:30 p.m.
at the Adorni Recreation Center; 1011 Waterfront Drive; Eureka,
- All knitters welcome. Contact Linnie Blattner at 707-786-9732
- Other Humboldt
County Listings and Directories
Thanks to the folks at Humboldt.net for providing us with storage
space for our website on their web servers.
Cove Business Directory
Senior Resource Center Links